Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
Seasonal Roasted Vegetables are nature’s colorful gems. Seriously, it’s how I got all the girls to eat vegetables. Soon after they discovered just how delicious they were, we had serious veggie wars! LOL! I’d try to make a couple trays of roasted seasonal vegetables to have some for the next couple of days to toss in with my salads make a wonderful roasted soup, or add to your soul warming Buddha Bowl or toss into a frittata. It never ceases to amaze me, even today, how all the trays of Roasted Seasonal Vegetables somehow manage to disappear!
I am a happy mom, because today our entire family loves their veggies! A mothers dream come true 🙂
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Ingredients:
1 lb. each: brussel sprouts, carrots, candy cane beets, red beets ( in photo)
3-4 whole garlic cloves minced
Celtic Sea Salt or a favorite flavored sea salt
Fresh herbs (optional)
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (use convection if you have it)Wash and dry all vegetables. Cube or cut them approximately into the same size
- Place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil (don’t drench or will become soggy), and.
- Toss well and sprinkle with some sea salt and minced fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, or sage from the garden! Dried works well too!
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, (not waxed paper).
- Spread vegetables evenly, single layer them. Try not to stack. That way everyone gets the “good browned crispy ones”. You may need two sheets.
- NOTE: You may start out with a full overloading tray, but the veggies will shrink.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees and put vegetables in oven.
- Bake up to 1 hour or until fork tender. Convection will cook faster.
- If you want them sooner, leave them in at 400 degrees for 45 min. But check more often so they veggies’ don’t burn.
FYI: When you cut up all the vegetables it will look like tons, however, I recommend making 2 trays as they cook down and get eaten rapidly. They are great the next day added to soups, salads, scrambled in your morning eggs. Roasted veggies’ never get wasted!
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.