Homemade Nut Milk
We had never actually made my own nut-milk before, so we were surprised by how easy it was! It tastes so much fresher and CLEAN-er!! The milk will last up to 5 days in a sealed glass jar refrigerated.
1 Cup nuts (almond, hazelnut, cashews, etc.)
2- 3 Cups water
** You can double the recipe (depending on how much water your blender can hold)
What you will need:
-Cheesecloth, jelly bag, nut or seed milk bag (best are the nut milk bags, we love Ellie’s Best! Use our coupon code “currygirl” for 10% off!)
-Mason jars (or other glass jars to store milk)
- Soak nuts in enough water to cover for 10-12 hours
- Strain and rinse nuts
- Put water and then nuts into blender (3 cups water to 1 cup nuts)
- Liquefy nuts and water for 1 minute or longer. Blend nuts and milk until pieces are as small as you can get them.
- Place a strainer in a large bowl, and strain through a cheesecloth
- squeeze/“milk” bag or cheesecloth for extra milk and drain into mason jars or other glass storage containers (old jelly jars). Make sure to leave room at the top so you can shake to mix—milk will separate in fridge.
- Place nut flour on sheetpan to dry sitting out at room temperature for 24-48 hours. To dry faster, pre-heat oven to 150 degree and place sheet in for 1 hour. Check after 30 minutes to stir
- Store nut meal in freezer to avoid mold. If you plan on using the nut meal right away, put some in a small baggy in the refrigerator.
** Watch our recipe video HERE!
- Put milk in “re-purposed” glass jar. We used old jelly jars from Trader Joes.
- Purchase jelly bags at local hardware stores! Super cheap, usually come in packs of two found in the canning and preserving section.
- Leave room in jar for shaking. Milk will separate in the fridge.
- Use leftovers from milk to make meal.
*final nut milk*
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.