I had never tried preparing raw fish until 3 years ago, and here is why…
I think the fact that I was supposed to eat fish raw intimidated me. Needless to say, I am over that. Dry Dock Fish Co. located at the farmers market in Manhattan Beach, CA has converted me! It all started with the sushi grade ahi tuna I picked up a 3 years ago which lead me to even more sushi grade fish—albacore toro salmon etc. You see it is all about the quality of the fish (Pegs has always taught me it the quality of the foods we use makes our meals so delicious… so I should have known!). If you are not in Manhattan or Hermosa Beach, you can make this recipe by going to you local market that carries fresh, wild, sushi grade fish.
- 8oz. of sushi grade Ahi Tuna, Salmon, or Albacore Toro
- 1 avocado diced
- 1-2 TBS Tamari gluten free soy sauce (I used less with the ahi tuna, since the fish tasted so good plain!)
- ¼ cup green onions chopped (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Rinse off fish and then dice into thin cube size pieces
- Place in bowl with soy sauce (and green onions if using)
- Mix together and let it sit for 1-2 minutes in refrigerator
- Add avocado & Enjoy!
So simple & SO delicious!
Watch our recipe video HERE!
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.