Clean Snickers Candy Bar Bites
These homemade snickers bars are a quick, delicious, better for you way to completely satisfy your sweet tooth! Crunchy roasted almonds topped with a decadent layer of date caramel and dipped in a rich chocolate coating…no baking required!
Are Snicker Gluten Free?
Nope! But our bites are. 🙂
We first made these homemade snickers bars from the Clean Eats cookbook by Dr. Alejandro Junger, and to say we were impressed is an understatement! They were so easy to make and tasted SO good! This recipe is proof you don’t always have to sacrifice the things you love to eat clean. (yes, you can finally cross candy off your “can’t eat” list)
The first time we made these, they were larger, more like the full-sized candy bar version, and they came out wonderfully! (they were the ultimate treat while doing our cleanse) However, being that they were so large, we decided to make bite-sized versions of them… because, well, who doesn’t love a bite-sized treat??
Making our homemade snickers bar bites…
Scroll down for full recipe or watch our HD video recipe here.
Yes, our homemade snickers bars really are the perfect sweet fix (probably the most guilt-free while still tasting absolutely amazing candy you’ll ever make), but they’re pretty good for you too! They are 100% gluten free, free of refined sugar, vegan, and paleo-friendly…. made with ingredients that are packed with benefits!
- Almonds – a great source of protein, fiber, antioxidants and vitamin E
- Maca powder – boots the immune system and energy, and balances hormones (it’s even been shown to recover the sex-drive in men taking anti-depressants)
- Raw chocolate – full of heart-healthy oleic acid and packed with antioxidants
- Medjool dates – great for an energy boost and support bone health with calcium and phosphorous
Recipes like this make us super happy! Knowing that you can still indulge your cravings yet eat clean at the same time feels amazing…and it feels amazing to be able to share that with our audience. These truly are a feel-good treat that are a snap to make — perfect for enjoying all by yourself or sharing with family and friends (they make wonderful gifts too)
Homemade Snickers Bar Bites
base of bar
- 1 cup almonds, dry roasted
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp hazelnut meal or almond meal (flour)
- 2 tsp maca powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 lb 70 percent or higher chocolate, unsweetened (2 full bars)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted (fully packed ½ cup!)
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup almonds chopped (to put on top of date filling)
- In a food processor, grind the almonds first. Then add the rest of the base ingredients into food processor with ground almonds and mix together.
Evenly distribute snicker bar base into BPA free silicon ice tray and then place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. (or freezer for a bit less time)
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or boiler bowl over water. Place one inch of water in the bottom of a pot, and place chocolate in a glass boiler bowl or double boiler pot on top of the water. Mix chocolate occasionally to prevent from burning. Once the chocolate is completely melted, add the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until sugar is combined and then remove from heat.
In the food processor, add dates, water, melted coconut oil, and salt. Mix until dates are a “caramel” texture (you might have to stop and scrape down sides a few times in order to fully blend all the dates to a “thick and gooey” consistency)
Remove the snicker bar base from the fridge or freezer, and evenly distribute the caramel date paste on top of the base and sprinkle chopped almonds on top. Next, evenly spoon the melted chocolate on top of the date and almonds and smooth out. Optional: add more chopped almonds on top of melted chocolate as well!
- Place try back into refrigerator or freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate has solidified. And then enjoy!!
These bite-sized homemade snickers bars are truly addictive! Once you make these the first time, we can almost certainly guarantee you’ll be making them again… and again. You’ve been warned!
And if you’re looking for more recipes like this one, our paleo chocolate covered cookie dough bites would be a delicious place to start! (Or if you’re crazy about coconut, give these no-bake coconut squares a try)
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.