Ingredients for Our All-Natural Applesauce Recipe
- 4–6 C diced apples (peeled or not) (I left some skins on and others I peeled)
- 1/4 C brown sugar or honey
- 2 Cinnamon sticks left whole
- Lemon peel from one lemon (use a vegetable peeler and leave lemon rind in large pieces)
- 3/4 C water
Method for Making Applesauce (Crockpot Method):
Turn crock-pot on high.
Add all ingredients into the pot.
Cover and let cook for 30-45 minutes on high.
Once boiling, reduce temperature to low and continue to cook covered for about more 30 minutes or until apples are very soft and all the water has been absorbed.
Using a potato masher, smash the apples, and stir as you mash. Leave the lemon rind in for added yummy lemon flavor.
This recipe can also been cooked in a pot on the stove using the same methods as listed above. The only change would be to cook in a pot over medium-high heat, covered. Once boiling reduce to low and cook until apples are softened. Follow the method below…
Remove the cinnamon stick and ladle into glass jars or containers. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minuets
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minuets