2 T olive oil, ghee or butter
1 bundle or 1 lb asparagus (2 C rough cut)
1 cup sugar snap peas cut in half
4 C Stock: chicken, vegetable or No-chicken broth
1 C leek rough chopped (white part only)
3–4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried herbs: thyme, basil or oregano minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
- On medium in a preheated pot, sauté leeks in olive oil.
- Add the asparagus, sugar snaps, and garlic.
- Cover vegetables with 4 cups of broth of choice and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Carefully using an immersion hand blender, puree the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.