There are so many ways to enjoy the health-filled varieties of cauliflower while reaping it’s many benefits! There are many ways to prepare this wonderful vegetable~ sauteed, roasted, chopped raw in a salad, as dippers for your crudites platter, in soup, or mashed instead of potatoes.
Here’s a quick yet flavorful creamy cauliflower puree with a hint of thyme. Have fun experimenting with the many varieties of cauliflower as well as adding your personal favorite herbs!Print
- 3 cups or more rough chopped cauliflower
- 2 C sugar snap peas, removing thin string*
- 1–2 Zucchinis rough chopped
- 1/2 Onion rough chopped
- 1/2 C Leek (optional)
- 3 fresh cloves of garlic or shallot chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh minced thyme (dried 3/4 tsp)
- 2 T Olive Oil or coconut oil
- 4 C Stock: Homemade chicken, vegetable or Imagine’s No-Chicken Broth
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Sauté onion, leek, minced thyme leaves, and garlic in oil.
- Add remaining vegetables, and stock.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender
- Carefully, using an immersion hand blender, puree the soup.
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh herbs.
Enjoy with a salad for a light dinner or perfect while CLEAN-ing!