It takes only 1 ingredient to make these delicious, way better tasting, Gluten Free Breadcrumbs. Meg and I get asked a lot where you can buy gluten free breadcrumbs? We say don’t buy them, make them yourself! All you’ll need is your favorite gluten free bread, stale bread, pieces of bread or buns. To make them super stellar add Italian and garlic seasonings, even a little Pecorino Romano for a wow factor. You will make the best tasting bread crumbs that are far better than the ones you would find at your grocery store, AND will make your meal a 4 star experience. One ingredient, lots of variations.
NEED A Paleo or grain-free bread crumb? We use Simple Mills almond crackers in this adaptation that is a wonderful substitute! The crackers come in 4 flavors and each one are outstanding options for crumb making!
Watch our recipe video that shows you exactly how to make these tasty Gluten Free Breadcrumbs.Print
Homemade Gluten Free Breadcrumbs Ingredients:
Homemade Gluten Free Breadcrumbs Method:
- Toast the bread slices so they are nicely browned, but not burnt.
- NOTE : you don’t need to toast the bread before making it into crumbs. The difference is: toasted bread makes finer crumbs. What’s pictured in the blue bowl are UN-toasted bread.
- Toast should feel firm and crisp not soft. Let cool for a minute.
- Tear pieces of bread and add them into your food processor. ( NO processor, no problem. Take a mallet or rolling pin and roll out toasted bread into crumbs)
- Pulse to process the bread until fine crumbs.
- If using crackers just add them into your food processor and pulse to make fine crumbs.
- Add Italian Seasonings, a little garlic powder, even some pecorino romano grated cheese in to the processor before taking out the crumbs.
- This Italian Style breadcrumb is fabulous for chicken tenders, crispy fish sticks, or chicken parmesan
- There are so many ways you will use your Gluten Free Breadcrumbs!
- Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator to avoid molding. You can also freeze them too!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5