1 C butter softened
2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/3 pecans, finely ground
2 C gluten free flour (Pamela’s, GF123, Bob’s Red Mill GF, Cup4Cup flour blends all work great!)
Seedless Raspberry jam or spread
- n a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add pecans and flour. Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Wrap in parchment then place in a plastic baggie.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove pastry from bag.
- Roll out dough (it will be hard at first, but will soften up with rolling), on a well-floured surface, (preferably on a silicon pad or marble or wood cutting board).
- Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll ¼- ½ inch thickness.
- Using a heart shape cookie cutter cut a top and a bottom for each cookie.
- For the top cookie use a smaller heart and cut out the center.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Just until nicely light brown.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before you remove them to cooling rack.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes on cooling rack.
- May be stored without jam or sugar for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- Transfer all bottoms to a pan for spreading jam onto them.
- Leave tops on cooling rack, but place a sheet under it to catch the mess from the powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar using a sifter.
- Carefully spread jam onto the bottom cookies.
- Place the powdered sugar top onto the jam bottom, and VOILA!!! Sooo Beautiful, and sooo delicious!!!NOTE: Usually we make these cookies a day ahead and sugar dust and jam them just before giving them away. Also, the batter is great just as a cookie-cutter cookie! We keep all the centers and put them out to eat as well. The cookies keep for up to a week, IF not eaten all before!
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes