Healing Tea Remedy
CGK’s Healing Tea is a great remedy for any sore throat, persistent cough and/or bronchial infection. This Healing Tea can also be used for prevention. Here’s our best remedy the Curry family grew up with for healing our sore throats and colds! Everyone who knows Pegs, knew of her sore throat magical tea.
It all starts with lemons, and any variety will do. Friends would be so grateful to find a large jar waiting for them when Pegs heard they were feeling sick. Lemons are a great food source that also supports our immunity. Drink this tea for prevention too!
Another great sore throat tip~ Once your sore throat starts, immediately begin to suck on a quarter lemon every 15 minutes. Repeat this for 2 hours. The flavonoids in lemons have shown to have natural antibiotic effects, it literally will stop a sore throat from happening and can speed up a sore throat recovery time. Curious how this happens?
Love lemons? Prevention is key. Here is another great recipe for both!
Here is another great recipe that not only include lemons, but fresh garlic. Together they are a powerhouse for antiviral and antimicrobial prevention! Use this dressing over salads, as a marinade for fish, chicken or beef or drizzle over your favorite veggies!
Watch our Healing Tea recipe video below and then keep scrolling for the full recipe of our favorite Healing Tea remedy.
Healing Tea Ingredients:
Cold Season Sore Throat Remedy for any sore throat or bronchial infection
8 Cups of water:
2-4 whole lemons quartered, and squeezed.
2-3 cinnamon sticks, crushed
7-8 (1/2-1″) slices of fresh UN-peeled ginger
1 fresh lemongrass cut into 2” pieces, halving the thicker parts of the stalk.
Note: Lemongrass can be found at Farmers Markets or other grocery stores, or use 1/4 Cup dried.
Healing Tea Method:
1. Add all ingredients into a large pot. Cover with 8 Cups of water.
2. Squeeze lemons before dropping them into the water.
3. Cover and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 8 min.
4. Strain ingredients’ and set liquid aside. Tea will be bitter.
5. Add raw sage honey, or any honey flavor you enjoy, to taste. Honey is also very healing.
6. Take the strained lemon ingredients’ and add them back to the pot. Add an additional 4-6 C water, and bring to a boil. This time simmer for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, strain the ingredients and add tea into a container. Discard the ingredients.
8. Keep tea container on counter if using for a couple days and heat as needed. Drink tea throughout the day. Tea can be stored in refrigerator.
Here’s to Feeling Better!
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.