Red onion, thinly sliced
Sheep or goat feta, crumbled
Pitted kalamata olives or a mix
Flake or Celtic Sea Salt
Cucumbers, artichokes, garbanzo beans
Fresh mozzarella or Burrata Cheeses
Fresh slivered basil leaves for garnish.
- Make a batch of homemade cilantro basil pesto. Or you can buy a store bought pesto too!
- As many colorful heirloom tomatoes ~ all shapes and sizes. Slice or dice tomatoes in chunks
- In a large rectangular or oblong shaped serving platter, if using, spread the pesto on the bottom of the platter. Arrange tomatoes over the pesto.
- Add thinly sliced red onion, crumble mild sheep or goat feta, and sprinkle capers and sliced pitted or whole Kalamata olives over the tomatoes.
- Other options to mix in: fresh burrata cheese, grated Pecorino Romano, cucumbers, artichokes and or garbanzo beans.
- Last, drizzle your favorite olive oil and balsamic over the top. Finish with fresh ground pepper and a dash of Flake or Celtic sea salt.
- You can also garnish with slivered fresh basil leaves.
You’re all ready to serve up this tasty bountiful summer dish! It’s a real crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15