Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie With Red Wine Syrup
1 C. unsalted butter
1 C. organic cane sugar
1 1/4 C brown sugar or coconut sugar
11/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 ½ c peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
2 ¼ C flour
½ tsp. sea salt
Red Wine Sauce~ recipe follows
Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and powder, and sea salt. Stir flour mixture in with creamed butter mixture. Add chocolate chunks and stir until well mixed.
- Grease ramekins or heart shape tins.
- Bake 350-degrees for 20 minutes, or for doughier texture bake for 18 minutes.
- Let rest on cookie rack for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut ice cream.
- Top with Red Wine syrup (recipe follows)
Red Wine Syrup
What to do with leftover, too old to drink, red wine and aren’t in the mood to make stew? Meg’s and I made a tasty wine syrup that we drizzled over coconut ice cream and topped it over these decadent chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies!
Other uses for red wine syrup: adds a lot of flavor drizzled over grilled stone fruit, added to salad dressing or over roasted veggies, or mix into a marinade for meats or chicken.
Lots of choices! We’re so happy to have discovered this wonderful new condiment!
1 C red wine ( Used Reckless Love)
1/3 C organic cane sugar
Pour red wine and sugar into a small 3 qt. pot.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer.
- Once wine boils and sugar melts, the syrup will take a bit to reduce and become thick.
- To know if it’s syrup, the sauce will stick to your spoon, not drip off. Be patient, it will happen.
- It reduces to about 1/4-1/3 C. This recipe may be doubled.