Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto
Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto is a wow dinner. Peg’s grew up eating lamb so she in turn got our family used to its flavor. “You don’t eat meat, ok, so you eat lamb!” has always been one of those movie lines that’s on repeat in our house. We love lamb. We’ve make Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto a special dish during holidays or celebrations. We buy organic lamb from either our local farmer in California, Colorado. or New Zealand. In fact when Pegs is in our Steamboat cabin, she enjoys the local lamb and says it truly tastes different. That’s one of the many reasons why we love to buy local!
The many plentiful benefits from eating Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto! Pistachios are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Pistachios are high in vitamin B6 which is important for several functions, including blood sugar regulation and the formation of hemoglobin, a molecule that carries oxygen in red blood cells. For more great info on why we want to add pistachios into our diet read HERE. Lamb is a great source of protein and an outstanding source of many vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. It also helps prevent anemia. Mint is a calming and cooling herb that is wonderful for digestion. The combination of all the ingredients makes this dish not only a WOW presentation, Paleo friendly, it’s also a delicious healthy choice for those who choose to eat meat.
Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops Ingredients:
- 6 Lamb chops with rib
- 1 C Pistachios, finely ground
- 1 C Pecorino Romano cheese, finely ground
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground Pepper
- Celtic sea salt to taste (optional)
- Minted pesto (recipe follows)
Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops Method:
- Mix both pistachios and cheese together.
- Take lamb ribs and dredge both sides into cheese nut mixture.
- Heat pan on medium. Wait until hot. If pan isn’t hot, the crust wont stick.
- Sear lamb ribs for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Cook chops longer if you like it medium. We prefer a little pink inside.
- Serve with minted pesto. Recipe follows:
Minted Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 C basil leaves
- 1 C mint leaves
- ½ C pistachios, pine nuts or pecans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3-1/2 C olive oil
- ½ C Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In a food processor, add basil, mint and garlic. Pulse.Add nuts and pulse.
- Add cheese and pulse.
- Slowly add olive oil and run machine until desired consistency. You may add less olive oil for a thicker pesto or more for thinner pesto.
To Plate the meal:
- Place a smear of pesto on the plate,
- Add 2-3 ribs per plate and drizzle more pesto over the top of the ribs.
- Serve with a seasonal vegetable such as garlic broccoli or green beans, or roasted asparagus.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.