Sore Throat Healing Tea
Sore Throat Healing Tea helps with both feeling chilly and persistent coughs that sometimes accompany a sore throat. Here’s our best remedy the Curry family grew up with for healing their sore throats! Everyone who knows Pegs, knew of her sore throat remedy. It all starts with lemons. Any variety will do, but when it’s Meyer lemon season, which runs from November until March, those are the our favorite lemons to use in our favorite healing tea. Friends would be so grateful to find a large jar waiting for them when Pegs heard they were feeling sick. It’s a great gift to give.
Another great sore throat tip~ Once your sore throat starts, immediately begin to suck on a quarter lemon every 15 minutes. Repeat this for 2 hours. The flavonoids in lemons have shown to have natural antibiotic effects, it literally will stop a sore throat from happening and can speed up a sore throat’s recovery time. Curious how this happens?
Watch our recipe video below and then keep scrolling for the full recipe of our favorite Sore Throat Healing Tea.
Healing Tea Ingredients:
Cold Season Sore Throat Remedy for any Bronchial Infection
8 Cups of water:
2-4 whole lemons quartered, and squeezed.
2-3 cinnamon sticks, crushed
7-8 (1/2-1″) slices of fresh UN-peeled ginger
1 fresh lemongrass cut into 2” pieces, halving the thicker parts of the stalk.
Note: Lemongrass can be found at Farmers Markets or other grocery stores, or use 1/4 Cup dried.
Healing Tea Method:
1. Add all ingredients into a large pot. Cover with 8 Cups of water.
2. Squeeze lemons before dropping them into the water.
3. Cover and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 8 min.
4. Strain ingredients’ and set liquid aside. Tea will be bitter.
5. Add raw sage honey, or any honey flavor you enjoy, to taste. Honey is also very healing.
6. Take the strained lemon ingredients’ and add them back to the pot. Add an additional 4-6 C water, and bring to a boil. This time simmer for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, strain the ingredients and add tea into a container. Discard the ingredients.
8. Keep tea container on counter if using for a couple days and heat as needed. Drink tea throughout the day. Tea can be stored in refrigerator.
Here’s to Feeling Better!
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.