5–6 Gluten Free Matzos
6 large room temp eggs
2 Unpeeled Pink Lady apples (or another red apple), shredded
2 Unpeeled pear, shredded
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
3/4 C unsulphered organic golden or black raisins
3 TBL Organic cane sugar
Grated rind of 1 lemon
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbl rendered chicken fat or butter, or alternative butter
2 Tbl organic sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon ~ to sprinkle FOR TOPPING
2–4 TBL red currant jelly to dot on top (Pomegranate, raspberry or other jellies or fruit spreads work well)
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
1. Shred all fruit and set aside
2. In a bowl, break up matzohs and cover with water. Soak 2 minutes and let drain in the colander.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy.
4. Stir in with the eggs, pear, apple, pineapple, lemon juice, lemon rind, raisins, sugar, cinnamon.
5. Once mixed, gently fold in the matzohs.
6. Turn into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
7. Dollop jelly and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
8. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden and eggs are firm to the touch.
Note: May be made the day ahead, bake for 30 minutes and then reheat the day of for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45