1 cup Pamela’s GF Pancake and Baking Mix OR your favorite GF or Paleo pancake mix ( almond flour and cassava flour work well together)
1/4 C. Fresh ground flax seeds
1/4 C coconut flour
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 C hazelnut or hemp seed milk OR Buttermilk or your favorite milk
1 cup Arrowhead sparkling berry mineral water
1– 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
3 Tbsp.. Raw Honey
1/4 C Applesauce (optional): (good for reducing the amount of sugar)
Coconut Oil for pan or griddle
1. In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
2. Add liquid ingredients to dry. Mix until well blended.
NOTE: If batter is still too thick, add a small amount, 1/4 C, of sparkling berry water at a time.
3. *Lemon Pancakes: add 1 tsp Lemon flavoring & zest of 1 lemon
4. Heat skillet. Add 2-3 Tbsp.. coconut oil. Add enough oil so pancakes wont stick. When pan and oil are hot, (oil will begin to pull away from edges), use a ladle to add batter to hot skillet. Pancakes will bubble and get nicely brown around the edges. Now they are ready to flip. Cook 1-2 more minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings!
Some of ours include: butter, cinnamon coconut spread, pure maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit or fruit jam.
Truly tastes like a Crispy Creme doughnut, only better for you! Heavenly!!!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5