- 2 cups coconut milk, nut milk, or coconut water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed*
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- 1–2 Tbsp honey (we love raw sage honey from our local farmers)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon, plus garnish
- Seasonal fresh fruit: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, sliced bananas, peaches, pears, etc.
- Dried fruit: raisins, zante currants, cranberries, mulberries, etc.
- Add all ingredients except honey to a medium or small pot.*
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add honey and stir occasionally.
- Let rest covered for 5-10 minutes.
*NOTE: you can also make this with already cooked quinoa. Take 1 cup of cooked quinoa and reheat in a small pot with 1-cup nut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, and cinnamon. Cook on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add honey and stir together for another 2-3 minutes. Top with desired ingredients and enjoy!