Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to spread love and sweetness, and what better way to do that than with homemade gluten-free cookies? Whether you’re baking for your sweetheart, your friends, or yourself, these gluten-free Valentine’s Day cookies are sure to make everyone’s heart skip a beat. With heart-shaped designs and decadent flavors, these gluten free Valentine’s Day cookies are the perfect treat for celebrating love in all its forms.
Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (or dairy-free butter alternative)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. If desired, fold in gluten-free chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one disk of dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat the rolling and cutting process with the remaining dough.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cooled, dust the cookies with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
With their charming heart shapes and irresistible flavors, these gluten-free Valentine’s Day cookies are the perfect way to celebrate the day of love. Whether you’re baking them for your sweetheart or sharing them with friends, they’re sure to spread joy and happiness to all who indulge in them. So why wait? Get baking and make this Valentine’s Day extra special with these delightful treats!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular flour instead of gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use regular flour if you don’t need the cookies to be gluten-free. Simply substitute an equal amount of all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour blend.
How should I store these cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. If you’d like to keep them longer, you can freeze the baked cookies for up to three months.
Can I make these gluten free Valentine’s day cookies dairy-free?
Yes, you can easily make these cookies dairy-free by using a dairy-free butter alternative. Just be sure to check the labels of your ingredients to ensure they’re dairy-free.