(Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
1 cup almond butter (roasted unsalted) OR if you have a nut allergy try using sunbutter!
3 tbsp. molasses
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root or more depending how much ginger you enjoy!
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground ginger
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground allspice
¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
½ tsp. sea salt
A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl using paddle attachment, or if using hand mixer, beat together the almond butter, molasses, eggs and freshly grated ginger until smooth.
- Into a different medium sized bowl, blend together coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg salt and pepper. Use your fingers to crush any lumps.
- Slowly add the sugar and spice mixture to the almond butter mixture while mixing on low until just combined.
- Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. NOTE: The batter is VERY sticky and will spread so use a tsp. that has been sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and top is starting to crackle in the center (the cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crackle more as they cool), about 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets once taken out from the oven. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. ENJOY!
Watch our full HOW-TO video below: