With Garlic Broccoli and Sugar Snaps
1 Favorite Homemade Marinara or store bought pasta sauce
1 Alfredo Sauce Recipe follows
- 1 lb cooked shrimp cut into bite size pieces
- 1 head broccoli washed and cut into small floret pieces
- 1 lb sugar snaps cleaned
- 4 Tbl Unsalted Butter
- Olive Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb Brown Rice Penne Pasta
- Make Alfredo Sauce and set aside (recipe follows)
- Add 1-2 Cups Marinara/Pasta Sauce to Alfredo Sauce and set aside
- Bring a large pot with water to a boil. Add washed vegetables and blanch for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the vegetables and drain. Place into a bowl and set aside. In the same boiling water, add pasta. Bring back to a boil and cook 7 minutes exactly. Drain pasta, and return back to empty pot. Add Alfredo sauce to cooked pasta, and then add 1-2 cups of marinara sauce. Mix well. Sauce turns pink. Cover and keep warm.
- In a skillet add 4 Tbl unsalted butter. Once melted add garlic, blanched vegetables and shrimp. Heat and mix vegetable and shrimp all together and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano. Serve with cheesy garlic baguette and house salad.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2-1 C Pecorino Romano grated
- 1 C heavy whipping cream or half and half
Melt butter in a medium pot. Add cream and grated cheese, whisking to blend until smooth. Once ingredients are incorporated and sauce is smooth set aside until ready to use.