Watch Megs and Pegs latest 3 minute video making our family favorite~ Easy Broccoli Soup! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqliSpMEf-0
Kids of all ages love this soup!!!
2 T Ghee, olive oil or butter
1 bunch Broccoli (about 2 C, stems peeled and diced too!)
1 Cup or a handful of sugar snap peas (dont forget to remove string)
4 C Stock: Chicken or No-chicken broth
½ Onion rough chopped or a leek (green part only) or both
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
- On medium in a preheated pot, sauté onions in ghee.
- Add the broccoli, sugar snaps, garlic.
- Cover vegetables with 4 cups of broth of choice and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat cover & simmer for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender
- Carefully, using an immersion hand blender, puree the soup.
- IF you like it chunky, remove ½ of soup to a bowl and mash it with a potato masher. Puree other half of soup. Return chunky mash back to soup pot and stir well.
- For a thicker version add less broth more veggies
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with grated Pecorino Romano and a splash of lemon, or eat as is!
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.