Coconut Yellow Rice
(Serves of 4-6)
1 C Brown or White Basmati or short grain sprouted rice (use brown if cleansing)
1 TBL coconut oil
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
1/3 c water
• Rinse rice and set aside.
• Heat pot. When hot, add coconut oil.
• After oil melts, add rinsed rice, salt and turmeric. Stir to blend. Let heat for 1 minute.
• Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil.
• Turn flame down to a simmer and cover pot.
• Cook for 20 minutes,(10-15 minutes longer for brown rice), then turn flame off. Let set covered for 5- 10 minutes before fluffing.
WATCH VIDEO HERE!
SIDE NOTE: Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory! Helps with arthritis, joint pain, digestive disorders and many other ailments.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.