Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins are the perfect treat to give your Mom, family, or friends anytime for any reason. Meg surprised Pegs with these delectable Strawberry Muffins for Mother’s Day, and she was so happy and grateful! Actually the entire family was happy with this light and lemony Strawberry muffins.
We love muffins. Actually we love to create and bake wonderful healthy versions of desserts and treats that everyone can feel good about. We add ingredients with benefit to our bodies. Strawberries are a nutritious additions to these muffins because they are rich in vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and are cholesterol free food.
If strawberries are not your thing, add blueberries or other fruit into these muffins or try our chocolate beet muffins… no one will know beets are inside!
Watch Megs in her recipe video and then scroll down for the full recipe.
Makes 12 glorious muffins!Print
1 cup Pamela’s gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix (Paleo option, use almond flour)
1/4 C coconut flour
2 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbsp. Sugar (Used 3 Tbsp. organic cane sugar & 3Tbsp. organic brown sugar)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch of sea salt
1 stick of butter, melted ( or alternative butter, coconut spread for a dairy free option)
1 large egg
3/4 C milk (used Omega Flax, Hemp, Rice Milk blend)
1/4 tsp. lemon extract
1 cup fresh Strawberries (any berries will work too)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Combine all dry ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Blend all wet ingredients (except the strawberries) in a bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir only to incorporate all ingredients with out over mixing.
4. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. When you take muffins out from oven, while warm, drizzle with lemony glaze.
Lemony Glaze Ingredients and Method:
¼ C fresh lemon juice
1 C powdered sugar
1. Whisk together the lemon juice and the powdered sugar.
2. Drizzle over warm muffins.
Happy Mother’s Day to all Moms!!!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25