Wishing all our friends and families a delicious Thanksgiving and Hanukkah celebration!
Have we got a great Thanksgivukkah recipe for you~ spaghetti squash latkes! We made them for our holiday sides cooking class and used coconut oil to fry in. Everyone loved them, we think you will too!
Blessings to you and your family! Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Hanukkah!
Love Pegs and MegsPrint
1 very large spaghetti squash or 2 medium ones measuring 4-5 Cups of squash
1/2 onion diced finely
2 small garlic cloves minced
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbl flour (Pamela’s GF Artisan)
Unrefined Coconut oil for frying
Garnish latkes with chive sour cream.
- Once squash has cooled, using a fork scrape inside of squash until shreds come out. Measures about 4-5 Cups of shreds
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet heat ½ inch of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Using a slotted spoon or hands, place about 2 Tbl batter into hot oil and flatten into pancake.
- As batter gets to end squeeze any excess liquid off before frying.
- Place pancakes onto paper towel to drain. Serve with chive sour cream.
- May be kept in warm oven on low heat.
Preparing Spaghetti Squash
- Wash and pat dry squash.
- Carefully cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Baste the inside of squash with a little olive oil.
- Place open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 45 minutes -1 hour..
- Remove when a fork pierces through. Set aside to cool.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45