Hazelnut Crusted Whitefish will seriously make fish haters into fish eaters. Promise. Cooked in coconut oil, this sweet tasting crunchy, melt in your mouth whitefish truly is a game changer. It’s the updo for standard batter fried fish or fish sticks. It’s easy to prep ahead for a quick dinner. Best eaten right from the pan fresh and hot. Serve it with blistered veggies and a salad, and this dinner is “fancy” enough for a dinner party!Print
- 1 lb. Sole fillets (small white fish filets)
- 1/2 C Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut* or Almond Meal
- 1/4–1/2 C Pecorino Romano grated cheese or dairy free alternative: Vegan Parma found at WFM
- 1 tsp dried dill or Italian seasonings
- Shakes of garlic powder (1/4 tsp)
- Follow Your Heart’s Veganese or Wildwood’s Garlic Aoili
- Organic unrefined coconut oil.
- Our favorite fish flipper
- Rinse fish and pat dry on paper towel. Make sure fish is dry.
- Heat pan on medium to medium high heat.
- In a rectangle plate or cookie sheet, (large enough for fish), mix hazelnut meal, cheese, and seasonings.
- While fish is still on paper towel, use a small pastry brush or back of spoon, spread small amount of Veganese on one side of fish.
- Next, using a fork place fish onto hazelnut mixture Veganese side down.
- Using fork, turn fish over and coat other side.
- When fish have all been coated, and your pan is hot, ADD coconut oil to heated pan.
- When melted, make sure pan is hot before adding the fish. (fish should sizzle when placed in pan so coating adheres to fish). Toss a crumb into the oil to see if it sizzles.
- Cook until sides turn white, about 4 minutes each side.
- Carefully flip fish and continue to cook another 5-7 minutes.
- Fish is done when it flakes in the middle and is crispy brown on both sides.
- Serve with vegetables and salad.
- NOTE: If pan is not hot enough the coating tends to come off of fish. To see if pan is hot, sprinkle some of crumbs in the pan first to see if they sizzle.
Seriously the best fish recipe your entire family will love!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15