Baked Mediterranean Sweet Potato Fries
Pre-heat Oven to 400 degrees (Convection works great if you have it)
1 lb. sweet potatoes, rinsed, but not peeled
3-4 whole garlic cloves, minced
Celtic Sea Salt or a favorite flavored sea salt
Fresh or dried dill (we used freshly minced)
Olives, pitted (green, kalamata, salty &/or dried black)
Sun-dried tomatoes, halved
Feta cheese crumbled (goat, sheep, or cow)
Midnight Moon goat cheese, shredded~ or any goat or cheddar cheeses
• Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Cut in half and then into ½ – ¼ inch length-wise sticks, approximately all the same size.
• Place fries in bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil, but not drenched or fries get soggy.
• Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh garlic and minced dill, and toss well.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Spread Potato sticks evenly in a single layer, trying not to stalk so that everyone gets a crispy fry. You may need two sheets. They do shrink a little.
• Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are just about fork tender. Convection oven cooks in almost half the time.
• Check half way through cooking so potatoes don’t burn.
• Remove potatoes from oven and then sprinkle with olives, artichokes sundried tomatoes, shredded cheeses, feta and more fresh dill.
• Return tray to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until cheese melts.
• Serve warm or room temperature.
• Great appetizers for parties, BBQ’s or a fun weekend dinner & salad combo!
**Watch recipe Video HERE!Once you sprinkle with cheese return to oven. Watch our recipe video and see how easy you can make this!