Chermoula marinade or sauce is a Moroccan staple. It’s rich in flavor with all the exotic spices. Turmeric we LOVE as its a wonderful anti-inflammatory! Great when trying to reduce inflammation anywhere in your body. SO not only does this taste wonderful~it’s good for you!
It’s great over chicken wings, thighs, drumsticks, lamb chops, even meatballs! Great for an appetizer or served as a main dish over fish, chicken, beef or lamb. If you do try it let us know how you served it!
1 heaping Cup of parsley leaves washed and rough chopped
1 heaping Cup of cilantro leaves washed and rough chopped
1 red onion chopped (1 heaping cup)
4 large garlic cloves rough chopped or sliced
1 Tbsp ginger minced
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp turmeric
½ tbsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup cold pressed unrefined organic olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 -1/3 C)
- Sauté the red onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices: cumin, turmeric, chili powder and paprika and cook for another 2 minutes over low heat.
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender.
- Blend until everything is incorporated. DO NOT KEEP MOTOR RUNNING as it will be too liquid. You want it to remain colorful and a bit chunky.
GREAT as a marinade for chicken wings! Simply coat them in the marinade and place marinated wings on a parchment lines baking tray. Bake at 375-400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until crisp and cooked through.
Other uses: Baked fish, chicken thighs, lamb chops, shanks or roast.
Leftovers are great to freeze.
More Chicken wing ideas: https://currygirlskitchen.com/sweet-asian-chicken-wings/Moroccan baked whitefish
Moroccan Chermoula Turkey Chop over a bed of millet pilaf. Served with a kale, caramelized fennel, and pecan salad