Pizza Egg Muffins are a grain free, make ahead breakfast, that gets cheers from kids of all ages. Bring them to the party or brunch and you will get a round of applause. They are perfect to make extra and freeze. Reheat for a quick grab and go or eat anytime, even lunch or dinner! With so many fun variations these grain free paleo gems will delight everyone who eats these moist and flavorful breakfast treats.
Pizza Egg Muffins can be mad for many restrictive diets or preferences. Omit the pepperoni’s and add lots of beneficial vegetarian. Pizza Egg Muffins are Paleo friendly and can be made diary free. Allow your creative juices to flow while you prepare these wonderful satisfying muffins.
Pizza Egg Muffins Ingredients:
Makes 6 muffins
- 5 eggs (no substitutions)
- ½ cup milk, (cow, goat, buttermilk, alternative: hemp, almond, coconut)
- Pancetta, 1 piece sliced thick, 1/4 “, diced and pan fried (alternatives: Applegate turkey pepperoni , salami, Italian style tempeh, smoked salmon.
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- Pecorino Romano grated or shredded cheese (omit cheese if dairy free or add Follow your Heart Parmesan or Kite Hill almond cheese or other alternative cheese you like)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- Note: You can also season with an Italian blend
- Optional additions: spinach shreds, olives, red onion, diced roasted squash, grilled eggplant any toppings you would like to have on your pizza add into these delicious muffins!
- Butter, coconut oil or Spectrum coconut oil spray to grease muffin tins
- Muffin tin (6)
Pizza Egg Muffins Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6-serving muffin tin.
- Pan fry diced pancetta.
- Mix together eggs and seasoning. Pour into muffin tins.
- Top with remaining ingredients: pancetta, cheese, tomatoes
- Bake in oven for 20-30m until brown and firm to the touch.
- Great for a grab and go breakfast. These muffins reheat really well! Keep refrigerated up to 3 days or freeze 2 per baggie.