Take your tastebuds to heaven. Imagine eating your favorite chocolate chip cookie, but with none of the guilt. It’s refined sugar free, gluten free and vegan, hitting all the #FoodTrends you want for your sugary treats. And the best part? You can enjoy this on your 7-Day Reset!
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Makes 12-14 cookies
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup Almond meal (fine ground)
- ¼ cup rice bran or quinoa flakes
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg ( 2 Tbsp. ground flax & 2 Tbsp. warm water)
- ½ bar of dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (Hu’s Kitchen or Eating Evolved)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup flaked coconut (optional)
- In a bowl or mixer, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar until creamy.
- Stir in flax egg, banana, vanilla and tahini. Stir until blended.
- Add dry ingredients into bowl, except the chocolate chunks, nuts and coconut flakes. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped chocolate, flaked coconut and or chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350° and place cookie rack in the middle. Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. They do spread a little.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- You can use all almond flour or all brown rice flour.
- Variation: Add 2 Tbsp. mashed banana for a chewier cookie.