Cinnamon raisin bread was always viewed like a treat in the Curry household. Papa Curry LOVED his cinnamon toast post dinner – or any meal really. Cinnamon Raisin toast was a late-night snack I remember stealing bites of when I was a kid.
This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, AND refined sugar free. You (and your kids) can enjoy this guilt-free!
Pegs used to take an almost empty cinnamon spice shaker and fill the remaining up with granulated sugar, so we always had cinnamon sugar available for our toasts. You can see how deep our love for cinnamon sugar toast is. After being diagnosed gluten free, there were many years were toasted cinnamon raisin bread was non-existent.
It started because I have two overly ripened bananas and wanted to switch up our normal banana bread recipe. I found Pegs cinnamon sugar shaker she made for the cabin here in Colorado and I immediately knew what I wanted to make.
This recipe is super easy to make and can last for a few days covered outside of the fridge, or up to a week in the fridge.
Now to get baking!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Ingredients:
- 2 cups Cup4Cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup Coconut flour
- 1 cup Organic coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- ¾ cup Miyoko’s butter, or softened coconut oil
- 2/3-cup macadamia nut milk
- 3 flax eggs
- 2-3 mashed overripe bananas
- ½ cup raisins
Cinnamon Sugar Filling:
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
Method: Mix together until crumbly, and oil is incorporated
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Method:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread loaf and cut piece of parchment paper to have across the bottom of loaf
- Make flax egg: freshly grind 3 Tbsp flax seeds and mixed with 6 Tbsp water. Set aside until it is a paste like consistency.
- Cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl, EXCEPT raisins.
- Blend for ½ minute on low speed, then beat for 2- 3 minutes on high speed.
- Spoon half into greased bread loaf and then spoon on top the cinnamon sugar filling. Add remaining dough on top and then spread the cinnamon sugar topping onto the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. It can take up to 1 hour and 15 minutes (in altitude).