6 apricots washed and halved (use more apricots for a larger crowd)
Manouri Greek fresh feta like cheese (Any feta will work. 1 package of feta is plenty even if you increase the amount of apricots)
Honey drizzle (We used our local raw sage from Farmers’ Market)
1 bunch fresh sage leaves (How to fry: recipe follows below)
Method #1 Using fresh uncooked apricots: as seen on recipe video.
– Wash, dry, and halve apricots.
– Place halved apricots on a serving platter or wooden board.
– Crumble feta and place small amount inside the center “well” of the apricot.
– Drizzle honey over the apricots. We used a spoon for a thin stream.
– Garnish each apricot with a fried sage leaf. Recipe follows.
– Ready to serve and enjoy!
– Broil apricots cut side up until browned. About 2 minutes. Watch carefully.
– Take out from oven and let cool. Best not to broil both sides, as they become too soft and don’t hold their shape.
– Add enough cheese to fill the center of the apricot.
– Drizzle with honey.
– Garnish with a fried sage leaves. Recipe follows.
Frying sage leaves:
1 bunch sage leaves
Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt (optional)
– In a medium heated skillet add 2 Tbl. or more to cover the bottom of the pan.
– Once oil is heated, add the sage leaves.
– In about a few seconds, the leaves turn color. Flip leaves over cooking another 20-30 seconds.
– Place on a paper towel to absorb extra oil, add pinch of salt and let cool.
– Use fried sage leaves to garnish apricot bites.
– Fry extra sage leaves to decorate your plate and have extras to eat!
*Watch our 2 minute recipe video HERE!
**Watch recipe video HERE!