Banana Chocolate Chip Bread was our entire family’s favorite treat growing up! Kids of all ages loved its moist banana flavor, and of course the chocolaty goodness. Today we use dark chocolate chips to make it a bit healthier and we’ve included our low sugar and dairy free variations.This bread can also be made in a cake! It serves a lot and it’s also one of our holiday home baked treats we love to give.
Watch our recipe video and make this delicious bread or cake for your family soon! We promise they will love you even more!!! IF possible 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Ingredients
2 C Gluten Free baking flour (we use Pamela’s)
¼ C Coconut flour
1 2/3 C Organic cane sugar ( or substitue 1 C applesauce and 2/3 C coconut sugar)
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
1 Pinch of sea salt
1 ½ stick butter, OR ¾ C coconut oil or spread
2/3-cup buttermilk or alternative milk: hemp, almond, macadamia or hazelnut milks
1 ¼ C or 2-3 mashed over rip bananas
1 cup chocolate chips and or nuts
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Method
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 Pyrex dish or 24 muffin tins. (we like to grease with coconut oil or butter)
- Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. EXCEPT chocolate chips.
- Blend for ½ minute on low speed, then beat for 2- 3 minutes on high speed.
- Pour into greased bread pan and bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- OR Make into muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- For cake: pour into greased 9 x 13 and bake 40-45 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes out clean
NOTE: This recipe makes either 1 large 9 x 13 pan,1 large bread pan OR the following; 2 dozen muffins or more, and 4 mini loaf pans!