- 1 large Cauliflower or broccoflower/Romanesco
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Celtic sea Salt
- Olive oil
- Udi’s whole grain brown rice bread toasted
- Basil Pesto
- Greens: arugula, spinach, mixed greens
- Celtic Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Pre-Heat your grill or oven to 400 degrees
To prepare cauliflower steaks:
- Wash and pat dry cauliflower
- Slice ½” thick ( you will get anywhere from 6-8 slices per head)
- In a dish add ¼ C Olive Oil, ½ tsp salt and 2 cloves minced garlic
- Dip to coat each steak on both sides. Repeat until all steaks are coated.
- Place the steaks onto grill and cover for 4 minutes on medium heat.
If using oven bake for 20 minutes or until fork tender. If more time is needed for the cauliflower steaks flip them over and roast another 10-15 minutes or until tender and nicely browned.
Putting together your sandwich:
- Mash enough avocado onto toasted bread.
- Spread desired amount of pesto
- Add greens
- Top with cauliflower steak
- Fresh pepper to taste