Monday’s meals usually consist of cleaning out the fridge. Tuesday’s are our local farmers market, so what ever is left from the week before gets used up.
The soup I made today was a product of just that… cleaning out the fridge! You can tailor this soup to whatever you have leftover from the week. This just happened to be what we had left.Print
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 small zucchinis diced
- 2 celery stocks diced
- 1 parsnip chopped
- 1 small young leek chopped
- 1 C broccoflower
- 1/2 C broccoli stems
- 1 handful Italian parsley (stems and leaves)
- 2 TBL cilantro basil pesto
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Dulse flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Put tbsp of olive oil in the pan with garlic, onion, leeks, celery, parsnip, and zucchini in a pot with Dulse, salt and pepper.
- Cook on med/low until tender.
- Add broccoli stems, broccoflower, parsley, and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add pesto and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!