Beautiful beets! So colorful and delicious! SO Good for us! Beets are like candy when they are marinated in a honey balsamic dressing, roasted and then served on a bed of baby arugula, toasted pecans, crumbled sheep feta (when not CLEANING), and dressed with the leftover honey balsamic. OH SO YUM!
Marinade and dressing:
- 1/3 C balsamic vinegar whisked together with 1 TBL honey
- Whisk in 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of beets peeled and diced
- Chop 1 TBL shallots or 1/2 C Spring green onions to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and make a parchment tin foil pouch
- Coat beets with 1/2-3/4 of the marinade. Reserve what’s left for the salad greens. Toss in onions.
- Cook beets until fork tender about 30-45 minutes depending on size, then open the pouch and cook uncovered to caramelize beets for another 15-20 minutes.
- 1 bag of baby arugula washed lightly dress
Additions to add to the salad:
- Feta, avocado, toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans or pine nuts)
- Dried cranberries