Gluten Free Chicken Tenders are the next best “good for you” fast food. Using homemade gluten free Italian seasoned bread crumbs this dish is mouth-watering. Kids of all ages love this recipe! Our secret? Coconut oil! Gluten Free Chicken Tenders are great for picnics, BBQ’s, quick make ahead dinner for the family. Gluten Free Chicken Tenders are great to bring to a family gathering along with with our Cauliflower “mock” Potato Salad and our Seasonal fruit bars.
Feel great when making these deliciously tasty Italian style chicken tenders. We suggest you buy organic chicken and a whole grain bread to make your bread crumbs.By doing so you will serve up a protein rich dinner that is also heart healthy. When it comes to quality protein, chicken is an important protein especially for young children helping to build muscle growth, builds immunity, gives energy and promotes cell repair. For us older “kids”, it helps regulates blood pressure and cholesterol.Print
- 2–3 chicken breasts cut into 2”pieces
- 1/4 C Veganese or Mayo
- 1–cup gluten free bread crumbs or in a pinch use gluten free Panko
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano (preferred), Parmesan, or Vegan Parma (made with walnuts)
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut oil, (preferred), ghee, or olive oil
- In a pie plate, mix the breadcrumbs with Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and grated Pecorino Romano.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cube or slice chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl add Veganese and chicken nuggets, and coat well.
- Add chicken nugget into the breadcrumbs mixture. Toss until well coated.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil.
- Place nuggets into heated pan. Cook until nice and browned on all sides. About 3 minutes per side. Once browned remove from skillet and let rest. *Note that chicken will continue to cook as it cools.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Great for picnics, BBQ’s, kids parties, or just because!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 minutes