Gluten Free Streusel Coffee Cake
Our Gluten Free Streusel Coffee Cake is perfect for any holiday or weekend brunch. Make it for a special weekend treat. This sweet cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake will delight everyone’s tastebuds! Add wonderful antioxidant rich blueberries that add a burst of flavor and color. We also have added dairy free options too.
If making a streusel coffee cake is too much and want something a little simpler for your holiday or brunch thats a bit quicker to make, try our gluten free pecan scones.
Watch our recipe video Below.
Streusel Coffee Cake
About 10 Servings
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
1 stick + 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened or use alternative butter (Miyokos coconut butter)
½ Cup Organic Cane sugar or Monk-fruit golden sugar
½ Cup Organic brown or coconut sugar
1-1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ½ Cup GF flour (Pamela’s Pancake and Baking Flour)
½ Cup coconut flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1 Cup sour cream (Full Fat), or a sour cream alternative by Follow Your Heart
1 Cup Fresh or frozen blueberries
Coconut oil spray
Rubber spatula and hot water in a cup to dip spatula into for easier spreading
Mixer, handheld or stand mixer
¾ stick of butter, or butter alternative
½ Cup brown or coconut sugar
1 Cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla powder or extract
½ Cup GF flour
Making Streusel Topping & Filling:
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until crumbly.
- If you over mix it, it won’t crumble and be mushy.
- Set-aside the topping/filling until ready to use.
Making the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours and baking powder and set aside.
- Using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Scrape down the sides while blending the butter mixture with the egg mixture.
- Slowly alternate adding flour and sour cream to egg/sugar mixture.
- Do not over mix batter. The batter will be thick.
- Draw a circle of parchment paper that will fit inside of your springform pan.
- Spray the inside and the sides of the pan with coconut oil. Place the cut-out parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Place half of the cake batter into the parchment lined springform pan.
- Add half of the streusel topping. If you’re using fresh blueberries, add those over the streusel now.
- Spread the rest of cake batter over the streusel topping. Use a wet spatula for easier spreading.
- Add remainder of streusel to top of the cake and rest of blueberries.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 350-degree oven until cake feels firm to the touch and no longer jiggles.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from your pan.
- Once the cake is cool, run a butter knife around the edges of the pan.
- Open the clip to the spring form pan and remove the sides. Place the cake on a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.