These Gluten Free Winter Harvest Muffins are a perfect breakfast grab and go! Filled with fiber, veggies, and fruit, they are both nutritious AND delicious.
A dear friend introduced us to Family Food on the Table’s Harvest Muffins a while back. Since then we have made these muffins countless times on yoga retreats and in our home. Over time we modified the recipe for our preferences and now get to share our version of this harvest muffin with you!
On cooler winter mornings, we love starting our day with warm breakfast. For most, oatmeal is the usual suspect. Dr. Axe wrote a great article “Are Oats Gluten Free?” which we recommend reading. However, there are SO many other wonderful options to add variety to your morning! Our Creamy Quinoa Porridge, buckwheat hot cereal, and even this modified oat recipe are different warm breakfasts.
We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do! Scroll down for full recipe and watch our recipe video here. XO
3 Cup Gluten free rolled oats (old-fashioned work too)
1/4 Cup Pecans, chopped
1 Tbsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
2 Bananas, mashed (preferably ripe)
1/4 Cup honey or coconut syrup
2 Small zucchini, grated and squeeze out excess water
1/2 Cup Fuyu persimmon pulp, needs to be like pudding (can substitute apple sauce)
1/2 Cup Almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 – 1/2 Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen (we use fresh)
– Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
– In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients from oats to Celtic sea salt. Mix well and set aside.
– In another bowl, mash bananas and then add remaining wet ingredients from eggs to vanilla extract. Mix well.
– Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
– Gently fold in blueberries and set aside.
– Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and add mixture in.
– Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
– Remove from oven and let cool. Store in fridge to last longer.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min