Summer staple recipe! Easy to make and ready in 5 minutes or less!! Heirloom tomato nectarine and burrata salad utilizes what’s peak in season and everything you can find at a local farmers market.
Heirloom tomatoes pair nicely with summer stone fruit. There are many different varieties or tomatoes ~ we love them all! We have tried this recipe using nectarines and sunset heirloom tomatoes; however, use this as a template. Feel free to try different tomatoes or peaches instead. Many farmers are growing different varieties, see which ones you prefer! If you are not by a farmers market, that’s ok too! You can get all of the ingredients at your local store.
Make this for your summer dinner party or as an appetizer. We love how quick it is to make. You can also prepare this recipe ahead of time. For more delicious summer recipes, try our Heirloom Tomato Sauce, Nectarine Popsicles, and Nectarine Jam. And if you are feeling adventurous, learn how to make your own homemade burrata here!
Scroll down for this full recipe and watch our recipe video. (*Make sure to watch the whole video for a funny surprise at the end.)Print
- 1 medium Heirloom tomato, sliced
- Yellow Nectarine, sliced
- Handful fresh mint, slivered
- Burrata cheese
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons White balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Pinch of Celtic or Maldon flake sea salt, plus more if needed
- Gluten free baguette or crostinis
Heirloom Tomato Nectarine and Burrata Salad Method:
- Prepare the tomato, nectarine, and red onion. Place into a medium sized flat serving bowl.
- Add balsamic, oil, and salt to everything and then mix together.
- Before serving, slice mint and add to dish*. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with baguette or crostini.
*NOTE: you can make this ahead of time. Prepare everything but the mint, and then cover. Leave in refrigerator to marinate.