Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Have ready a 9×13 glass baking dish and a pastry blender.
- 1 + 1/2 GF Flour ( or 1 cup GF flour + 1/2 C ground GF graham crackers)
- 1/4 C coconut flour ( if not using coconut add an additional 1/4 of GF flour
- ¾ C ground pecans
- 1/3 C Organic Cane sugar
- ¾ cup chilled butter (1 ½ sticks) or Earth Balance buttery sticks
*Using a pastry blender, mix thoroughly. Press into 9×13 Pyrex. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (see note for alternative)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBL. Pumpkin Pie Spice (Spice Hunter’s is a nice blend)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
*Blends all filling ingredients together and pour into pre-cooked crust.
NOTE: May use 2 coconut creams by So Delicious OR 1 can whole fat coconut milk + 1/4 Cup cane sugar, honey or agave to sweeten it up
- 6 Tbl. butter
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- ½-3/4 C GF flour
- ½-3/4 C ground pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
*Mix together topping ingredients using a pastry blender. Crumble over filling.
- Blend crust using a pastry blender or food processor pulsing on and off.(If you continually process it will become very mushy)
- Press crust into 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Bake CRUST in preheated 350 degree for 15 min or until light brown and then remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, blend liquid ingredients. When crust is done, pour filling mixture over baked crust.
- Blend topping with a pastry blender, or fingers, or fork, and sprinkle on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for an additional 45 min (or less depending how hot your oven is) OR until knife inserted into center comes out clean…
Serve with fresh whip cream! So yum!!!
Watch our updated Pumpkin Squares recipe video HERE!
Click HERE to grab your FREE guide for a flawless (Gluten-Free) Thanksgiving!