7 Tips on How to Build A Beautiful Charcuterie Board
Happy New Year! Can you believe that it is 2021?! We hope you all had a delicious holiday – safe, healthy and at home with loved ones. I spent New Year’s Eve at home snacking on this delicious charcuterie board, sipping champagne in my robe with my boyfriend. It was the most perfect New Year’s Eve given everything going on in the world right now. The day before New Year’s Eve, I went LIVE on Curry Girls Kitchen Instagram and showed you how to create your very own beautiful charcuterie board using Earthbound Farm vegetable medley. You can watch my step-by-step styling process AND learn my 7 Tips on How to Build a Beautiful Charcuterie Board. To make it even easier, I have shared those 7 tips with you here plus the ingredients I used for my charcuterie board. Scroll down to read!
During the holidays, we love to indulge in all the treats. That is the fun in life! To help us continue feelings our best and staying health, we always add in veggies wherever we can. A charcuterie board, also known as a party platter or grazing board, is the perfect place to add in vegetables. Earthbound Farm makes it even easier to snack on organic, sustainable, fresh vegetables with their pre-cut Vegetable Medley bags.
We are all about quality and convenience – and Earthbound Farm is all of that! As you know, Pegs and I have been consumers of Earthbound Farm products for decades. Earthbound Farm products are non-GMO, organic, better for the environment, and have a higher quality taste. Earthbound Farm farming practices work in harmony with nature. They preserve natural resources and biodiversity, use only USDA organic approved materials, and no genetically modified ingredients (GMOs). Earthbound Farm products are All Organic. Always. This is why they are our go-to grocery store buy!
Now more than ever we have the opportunity to help and support one another. For the holidays this year, we have decided to share some of our favorite gift giving ideas and ways to give to those around you, those in need and to those you love ☺
Now, for the 7 Tips on How to Build a Beautiful Charcuterie Board…
What you will need to make this board:
- Earthbound Farm Organic Vegetable Medley
- 1 hummus or dip: we love our homemade avocado cilantro hummus or your favorite store bought
- 2 Crackers: we loved Simple Mills almond crackers and Mary’s Organic Seed crackers.
- 2-4 Types of Cheese: we used a Manchego sheep cheese, goat Cheddar, and garlic and herb soft goat cheese. You could also use a sharp cheddar, gouda or other favorite type of cheese… a variety of dairy free cheese would be great too!
- 2-3 types of Meat: we used a lamb salami from the farmers market and a capocollo, but any type of salami or prosciutto would be delicious
- 1-2 types of Olives: we used kalamata and Castelvetrano olives
- Nuts and Dried Fruit: we used pecans, cashews, walnuts and vine ripened raisins.
- Fresh Fruit: we used sliced pear, persimmons and halved pomegranate for aesthetic.
- Fresh Herbs for props: we used rosemary and thyme.
- Dark Chocolate: we love Beauty Bar chocolate, Honey Mama’s and Hu’s kitchen. Any type of chocolate bar you can break up works great.
- 1 butcher block, large wooden cutting board, or a marble slab to assemble your ingredients on. Fun Tip: You can place parchment paper down on your table and eat right off the table!
- Mini bowls, knives, and serving utensils
*Note: We also used our mini Persimmon and Date Loaf in the board we made for Christmas and it was SO yummy! I loved having homemade sweet bread to pair on the board with all the savory items.
Once you have all your ingredients out, it is time to assemble! You can slice some of the cheese, leave stuff whole… this is where you get to have fun and be creative! If you are having trouble visualizing how to do this – watch our IGTV replay.
7 Tips on How to Build a Beautiful Charcuterie Board
- Depending on the size of your board, choose between 2-3 cheeses and 1-2 dips to work your magic around.
- Place your cheese and dips around your board with space between.
- Transfer soft cheese (like a burrata or ricotta) and dips (like hummus) into a fresh bowl. This makes your board look much nicer and aesthetically pleasing.
- Place olives and other smaller dried fruits (like raisins or cranberries) into a small bowl and place near the cheese wedges. Keeps the board clean and again the aesthetic nice.
- Scrunch softer sliced cut meats (like prosciutto or capocollo) into little florets. Place around the board to add more dimension.
- Stack crackers or thicker cut meats (like a pepperoni sized salami) and then fan alongside the straight edge of a cheese wedge. This is how you can nicely layer crackers or meats.
- Make your board earlier in the day and cover with plastic wrap to store in fridge. This gives you more time to plan the evening and simply enjoy your company or date night. Your appetizer or board is ready to go when whoever arrives!
These boards are the perfect après ski, happy hour, or light dinner to nosh on. While we still are needing to stay at home, these party platters are most likely going to be for parties of 2 or so for the time being. Elevate your nights in with this!
We hope you enjoy putting together a beautiful charcuterie for yourself. And don’t forget to tag @CurryGirlsKitchen #CurryGirlsKitchen and @EarthboundFarm #EarthboundFarm on Instagram so we can see/repost!😊
This post was sponsored by Earthbound Farm.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.