Green Potato Leek Soup
Green Potato Leek Soup is the perfect complement to your Saint Patrick’s Day menu! We’ve added parsnips and leafy greens to make this puree loaded with added nutritional benefit! Maybe a shot of Irish Whisky will pair nicely wink wink! Quick to prepare with few tasty ingredients makes this a perfect meal option for a cold, snowy, or sun shiny blustery day!
If Night Shades aren’t your thing, simply double the parsnips which made the soup creamy and slightly sweet when we omitted the potatoes. Change up the greens from spinach to Kale or Swiss chard. And if this soup doesn’t appeal to your tastebuds try our broccoli soup thats bright green with only 4 ingredients!
Check out our speedy recipe video to see how easy this soup is to prepare!
Green Potato Leek Soup Ingredients:
1 leek, white part only diced
½ onion or fennel diced
½ C parsnip, peeled and diced
1 C Yukon gold potatoes, diced =1 C no need to peel
2-3 garlic cloves mashed
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme leave or 1 tsp. dried
3 Cups Homemade No-Chicken broth. Vegetable or chicken broth
1-2 Cups Spinach or other leafy green
1 tsp. Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Green Potato Leek Soup Method:
- Sauté leeks and onions in olive oil. Cover for 2 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add potatoes and parsnips. Cover for 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic, thyme and salt.
- Add broth. Cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for another 2 minutes, until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a hand emersion or regular blender to puree.
- Garnish with a little drizzle of olive oil and fresh thyme leaves.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.