Looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe that’s packed with flavor? With only 5 ingredients, here it is! Pegs Herbed Chicken takes under 10 minutes to cook? That’s it! It’s moist, tender and so versatile, you’ll use it whole as a main dish or cut it up and add it into wraps, sandwiches or salads. It’s a great protein to keep on hand for a quick to make meal for lunches or dinner! Our kids love Herbed Chicken making it a recipe the entire family will enjoy!
When serving a crowd and using Quick and Easy Herbed Chicken, its great to prepare ahead. It’s great served hot, warm or room temperature, making it great for picnics too!
If chicken is not your choice of protein, use a breast of chicken or turkey.
Herb Chicken pairs well with Blistered Veggies and our House Salad. If you’re looking for a grain-free starch try these yummy ideas: Veggie Rice, Lemon Orzo, Yellow Rice, Riced Cauliflower or Cauliflower + Parsnip Mashers, Roasted Cauliflower and Summer Squash.
It might interest you in knowing the benefits of eating chicken. Even though my family enjoys eating animal proteins, I don’t eat a lot of animal proteins, but when I do, I eat for my blood type. I’ve always preferred chicken over turkey and lamb over cow. I find it helpful to eat it, but not make it my main star of my meal. The vegetables take front row center on our plates!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe that truly is how we make our lives delicious every day! If you’re looking for great family friendly recipes, check out my lifestyle gluten free cookbook, Damn Good Gluten Free! It’s a great road map for all newbies or those who want some fresh new and easy to make meals!
Check out out fun reel on this dish here!!
With Love and blessings,
Pegs and Megs
1–2 lbs. stew meat of choice: chicken, beef or lamb (we love lamb)
Fish is another option: shrimp or scallops would be great too!
2–3 medium zucchini (sliced into thick chunks)
1 large red onion peeled and layers separated
Shitake or Cremini Mushrooms left whole depending on size or halved)
Other vegetable options: eggplant chunks, cauliflower chunks,
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients together
2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried
2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
2 sprigs fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
3 cloves fresh garlic or shallot, minced
1/4–1/2 cup red wine
2–3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar ( we love Napa Valley Reserves, its thick and great!)
1/4 C. olive oil (Jovial)
- Cube your meat or use stew meat and set aside. (if using grass-fed stew meat marinate longer, a filet takes less time) Also make them large enough so they won’t fall off skwere or into the grill… I’ve done it, oy…
- Prep all your vegetables and par cook them. I like to sauté them for a couple minutes covered and flipped in a skillet. Giving them a head start, as the meat won’t take long.
- Make marinade. Depending on how many ingredients you use, you may need to double or triple the marinade. Also you can keep the vegetable marinade for another use or heat it and serve as an Au Jus sauce to pour over the skewers.
- Marinade all ingredients for 4-6 hours
- Par cook the veggies only. Cook them for 2 minutes covered on each side.
- Heat the grill.
- Once hot, clean the grill. PLEASE LINK to OURS not EVOX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uslHw_ZVCc
- Get thick skewers and soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- Start adding on the onion, meat, veggie, mushroom and repeat. Make sure each end has a sturdy veggie or meat to keep everyone in their place.
- Grill them on medium high for about 5 a side until they look tender and done. We prefer our beef and lamb to be rare. Chicken is to be cooked through. HOWEVER, I purposefully want you to keep the chicken moist and juicy. Grill the chicken covered for 4 minutes a side, remove and keep them covered with tin foil. They will continue to cook while they sit and collect it’s juices, making them perfect, tender and juicy! Drooling ☺
- Serve them with a salad, tabbouleh, mashed potatoes or parsnip mashers.
- We hope you Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes