Quick Chicken Soup
Quick Chicken Soup recipe is easy to prepare and ready to eat in the same day! It’s the fast version of our chicken bone broth only it takes far less hours to simmer using your store bought roasted chicken! Whoever invented the idea for a store bought roasted chicken was not only a genius and a visionary. already prepared organic chicken has been a lifesaver and the best “fast food alternative for us! We use the bones from the store bought or farmers market roasted chicken.We use the meat to make Chinese chicken salad, chicken Caesar salad, enchiladas, chicken fajitas, or add it to pasta puttanesca. There are so many quick and easy ways to make dinner from a roasted chicken that is either store bought or homemade!
Not a fan of chicken but want to make a quick vegan or vegetarian soup? Try our Bone Broth!
Quick Chicken Soup Ingredients
1-2 roasted chicken carcasses (discard any skin)
3 Carrots rough cut (not too small)
2 Celery, rough-cut
1 Whole Onion, chopped
2-3 Cloves Whole Garlic
1 bay leaf,
8 whole peppercorns
1-2 packages Prepared Chicken Stock or 4-6 C water
1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
Quick Chicken Soup Method
- Put all ingredients listed above in a large stock pot.
- Add just enough water and prepared stock to cover all the ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce to a low simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain and separate the stock/broth from the bones and vegetables.
- Toss all ingredients except the carrots and onions.
- Add additional veggies back into the stock to make soup: green beans, summer squash, carrots and pre-cooked pasta or rice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
welcome to our kitchen! come and stay awhile.
We're Meg and Pegs of the Curry Girls Kitchen, a mother-daughter health coach duo here to help YOU revamp your life from OK… to fabulously delicious! We invite all your senses to play with us.