Roasted Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
1 Leek, white part only (2 cups) , or 1 onion rough chopped (either works)
1 large shallot, rough chopped (optional)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
4 Cups winter squash, rough chopped in large cubes
2 Cups or more carrots, rough copped or halved
1 parsnip, peeled and rough chopped
Celtic sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
4 Cups stock; homemade chicken, vegetable stock, or NO-Chicken Stock
1 Can coconut (optional – for added creaminess)
*watch recipe video HERE!
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, parsnip, carrots, minced garlic, sea salt and enough olive oil to “wet” the vegetables.
- Place vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes-1 hour until nice and browned
- In a heated 6 quart soup pot add 2 Tbl. olive oil, shallots and leeks or onions. Cooking the vegetables down until softened. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- Add roasted vegetables and stock/broth into the soup pot. If adding coconut or nut milk, add here.
- Bring to a boil and simmer soup for 10-15 minutes.
- Puree soup using a hand immersion blender or for added creamy texture, add small batches of soup into a blender. Easier and a bit safer if soup has cooled. Carefully blend until desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped basil and thyme.